MARKETING & BUSINESS
Highly accomplished business professional combines an MBA with entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for crafting innovative new product and service offerings. Results-oriented, decisive leader, with proven success leading teams through all phases of market research, analysis, concept design, product development, and marketing. Sometimes prescient, able to recognize opportunities before they become fully developed. Highly creative; adept at cultivating relationships with business partners and key decision makers. Technically savvy with aptitude for launching award-winning websites with appealing, interactive content.
Strategic Planning · Corporate & Product Branding · Relationship Development · Product Marketing
New Product Development & Introduction · Business Development Strategies · Strategic Alliances
Consumer & Commercial Products · Corporate Messaging · Product Positioning · Communications
Marketing and business development consulting for a variety of small businesses focusing on local, online and social media.
Multi platform marketing & data firm focusing on the local
Crafted compelling messages featuring the Local Flavor brand for both investors and merchant customers. Pursued an in-depth top to bottom analysis of the company and its markets. Drove the redesign of all aspects of the Local Flavor website. Coordinated the creation of operating manuals for Operations, Video Shoots & Sales. Located and engaged potential investors in Local Flavor and pursued venture funding. Researched market and industry trends and found numerous opportunities for growth.
· Redesigned all marketing & PR materials.
· Rewrote business plan,
expanded company focus.
· Launched a variety of complementary websites.
Niche provider of Web-based video sharing services.
Directed all aspects of site development and management. Cultivated relationships with marketing firms and corporate accounts, touting safe and secure youth themes to secure like-minded advertising campaign commitments. Engaged private investors and venture capitalists to obtain funding for operations. Devised strategic plans and administer operating budgets.
· Oversaw offshore resources
in site design and coding.
· Crafted innovative marketing contest for Atlanta-based restaurant that earned #17 ranking in Restaurant Business magazine's 50 Best Marketing Ideas of the Year 2007 edition.
Start-up firm offering fixed-price gasoline alternatives for consumers.
Performed extensive market research and analysis to identify business opportunity in the consumer gasoline market. Created model to allow consumers to purchase gasoline in bulk and to utilize a debit card to redeem those gallons over the next three to six months, regardless of the increase in the price at the pump. Formulated a strategy to offer the service through major gasoline retailers and small service stations alike, driving customer loyalty and station profits. Led business development, strategic alliance, and investor acquisition initiatives. Directed marketing and public relations campaigns.
· Designed and launched comprehensive website and secured interview with CNBC regarding instability of gas prices.
· Captured pilot program agreement with 2 consumer fuel organizations.
Publisher of financial and entrepreneurial education content targeting teenage students.
President of YoungBiz.com / KidsWay Marketing Director
Founded YoungBiz.com to nurture business and entrepreneurial skills
among American youth. Devised e-business strategy to execute transactions
and communications through electronic means, including e-newsletters and
interactive website with feature articles, tips, and portfolios. Oversaw
2-person team in designing and producing marketing content. Led media and
public relations initiatives. Researched and authored fresh material.
Planned and managed operating budgets.
· Forged relationships with parents, teachers, and students, establishing national network of more than 20K subscribers in over 400 schools.
· Acquired strategic alliances with AOL, Chek Systems/Tek 21, Zacks Investment Research, and NetStock Direct to broaden audience appeal and to increase site traffic.
· Led business integration with KidsWay and subsequent rebranding initiative using YoungBiz label, which included converting Y&E Magazine to YoungBiz Magazine and overhauling website.
· Earned 2-time Cool Website of the Day honors from CNBC's Power Lunch.
· Secured speaking engagements with school and community groups.
OTHER ENTREPRENEURIAL EXPERIENCE
Initiated and directed 2 online operations. Cofounded Internet
Dining Directory to provide online directory services for restaurants
Founded and developed 3 brick-and-mortar organizations. Designed patent-winning ThermaGrip golf product. Launched Knot Just Wood CD display rack design and production company. Incorporated Stay Flat Products office solution designer and manufacturer.
Office, Adobe Flash, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, Photoshop &
ARMY & AIR FORCE EXCHANGE SERVICE,
Computer & Electronics Manager - Managed 20
employees in a department generating $7 million annually.
Master of Business Administration